Information Publication Scheme
An Information Publication Scheme (IPS) has been established under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act).
The FOI Act requires agencies from 1 May 2011 to publish:
- specified information on agency operations under the IPS
- information accessed in response to FOI applications in a disclosure log.
The FOI Act also encourages proactive publication of information held by an agency.
The Inspector-General of Taxation (IGT) provides the following information in accordance with the IPS and will continue to identify and publish information accessible through this website. See the IGT’s agency plan to implement the IPS for further information.
Who we are
IGT’s corporate structure
- Inspector-General of Taxation – Ali Noroozi
- Deputy Inspector-General of Taxation – Andrew McLoughlin
- General Manager
- Senior Adviser
- 3 Advisers
- Operations & Risk Manager
- Office Manager
The Inspector-General of Taxation, Mr Ali Noroozi is employed for a 5 year term under the Inspector-General of Taxation Act 2003. Other staff are employed under the Public Service Act 1999.
What we do
Our reports and responses to Parliament
Reports to Parliament
The Inspector-General of Taxation (IGT) conducts reviews on behalf of the Government. Following completion of a review, the IGT provides a report to the Minister which is subsequently tabled before the Parliament. Completed reviews are listed on the Reports of Reviews page.
Information routinely provided to Parliament
The following information can be found on the IGT website on the Accountability & Reporting page.
- IGT file titles
- IGT’s contracts ($100 000 or more)
- Departmental and Agency Appointments (since 2011)
- Departmental and Agency Grants (since 2011)
Routinely requested information and disclosure log
From 1 May 2011 IGT will publish a disclosure log of information to which IGT has provided access under the FOI Act.
- IGT Accountable Authority Instructions [PDF 1.1MB | DOCX 673KB]
- IGT Gender Equality Action Plan [PDF 111KB | DOCX 65KB]
IGT invites comment on IPS
Comments or complaints regarding IGT’s IPS information holdings and whether they are easily discoverable, understandable and machine-readable can be provided to the FOI contact below. IGT will arrange to make documents available in alternative forms upon request where possible.
Telephone: (02) 8239 2111