How to make a complaint
If you have any complaints about the administrative actions of the ATO, the IGT is here to help you and is the only agency that can investigate your concerns. You can lodge a complaint by calling us or via our complaint form as set out below.
On 9 April 2018, the ABC’s Four Corners television program reported on allegations of unfair conduct by the ATO against small businesses. The Minister for Revenue and Financial Services, the Hon Kelly O’Dwyer MP, has requested the Treasury undertake an inquiry with input from the IGT.
If you require our help, please complete the Complaint Form and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Before you begin, please be advised that:
- This form must be completed in one sitting.
- All fields which are marked with a red asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- You should have on hand electronic copies of any relevant documents you may want to attach with your complaint.
- If you are lodging this complaint on behalf of another person, we will need to confirm that you are authorised by that other person to discuss their affairs. We have prepared a standard authorisation form which may be accessed through the Complaint Form.
- The form is located on a secured external website.
If you are experiencing difficulties using the form, you may contact us Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm Sydney time by:
Telephone: 1300 44 88 29
Facsimile: 02 8239 2100
Post: GPO Box 551, Sydney NSW 2001
After you make a complaint, an adviser from the IGT’s office will contact you within two (2) business days to discuss your complaint. We may need further information from you. If we can assist you without contacting the ATO or the TPB, we will do so. However, we may need to contact the ATO or the TPB to obtain more information regarding your complaint and to determine how we can best assist you. We will keep you updated regarding our progress.
If do not hear from us, please contact (02) 6198 5549 and quote your complaint lodgement number with us and one of our advisers will be able to assist you.